As you know, I'm not a fan of neutrals. Beige is my particular foe. (Can I just take this moment to rant about how much I hate using the word nude as a substitute for beige. Not everyone is the same shade when we're naked or even when we're clothed.) Be that as it may, it's still a good idea to have a pair or two of neutral shoes on hand. Much as I love my reds, purples, and teals, I know that sometimes I need to take things down a notch. Doesn't mean I need to be completely boring though. The collection of neutral shoes below has work in mind. I'd like to think they would elevate any pencil skirt-blouse combo from "I have to wear this" to "You can't kill my spunk."
Chelsea Crew oxford, Mod Cloth $60 (so getting these)
2. Mojo Moxy bow pumps, Mod Cloth $70
3. Miz Mooz "Callista" pump, Amazon $129 (People come in this shade, but it's listed as mushroom. Gah!)
4. Calvin Klein "Kathy" fish scale pump, Shoes.com $70 (sale)
5. Nine West "Legna" heel in black and gold, Amazon $55
6. collage heels with bow, Mod Cloth $70
Seychelles "Scout" perforated oxford, Amazon $95
2. Rampage "Ludo" studded smoking slipper, Amazon $40
3.Seychelles "Tell Me A Story" polka dot pump, Amazon $95
4. beige mary jane wedges, Mod Cloth $40
5. Miz Mooz "Starla" triple button mary jane, Amazon $129
6. Franco Sarto "Baroque" metallic lizard pump, Amazon $54
7. Seychelles "Night And Day" flat, Amazon $95
8. Chelsea Crew oxford loafer, Mod Cloth $59
Most of these shoes come in more than one neutral and some come in at least one color, so click the links for your full range of options.