Review: e.l.f. Zit Zapper
I got sick of buying $5+ tubes of zit medicine only to throw most of them out, so I happily bought the e.l.f. Zit Zapper for $1 at Target when I found it. I've been using it for a while now, and it's probably the best skin care value I've ever found.
- Price. You can't beat $1. At that price you could buy one for home, one for your bag and one for your desk/locker/glove box/etc...
- Effectiveness. It zapped my zits. Stubborn ones took a couple of days, but a few smaller ones vanished overnight.
- Gentleness. It was harsh enough on the zits or banish them, but it didn't irritate my sensitive skin.
- Ingredients. It contains salicylic acid, which won't bleach pillow cases like my benzoyl peroxide cream. Also, the natural additions of tea tree oil and witch hazel are great bonuses for zapping zits.
- Application. The medicine comes in a little tube fitted with an easy-to-apply rollerball tip.
- Size. The slim tube will fit in any purse, travel bag or makeup kit so I can always have it with me when I notice a problem popping up.
- Look. The package features a chic, simple look. It's not a clunky tube and it doesn't look like a drugstore product.
- Bonus use.* Because of the witch hazel and tea tree oil, it helps relieve the itch of bug bites, at least until you can get home and use a better itch relief product.
- Spot Treatment. This product is for treating a few problem zits not all-over acne. This is a pro for me, but a con if you're looking to fight more widespread skin problems.
- Effectiveness. It was effective enough for me, but it doesn't work as quickly as benzoyl peroxide or other stronger acne products. (It also doesn't bleach linens so I'm OK with that).
- Popularity. The first time I saw this at Target there was only one, opened one left. It took me a long time to find another one because they were always sold out.
*I'm not a dermatologist or skin care expert. I don't know if this product is all that great to use on bug bites. I know witch hazel is good for itch relief so I tried it in a pinch, and it helped.