Here are the basic resolutions I read every year:
- Buy more color/unique pieces
- Buy quality basics instead of cheap versions
- Try a new/better haircut
- Get a better beauty/skincare routine
- Lose weight
- Purge the wardrobe
As for the rest of those. I can't buy anything so the "buy" resolutions are out. I did add bangs to my look this year, but I love my hair the way it is so I don't see any further alterations in my future. I am on an endless search for certain beauty products, but the search is limited by my budget. If I see one more weight loss commercial, I'm going to stab someone. I do need to get healthier this year since unemployment involves too much sitting, but I also believe in eating pasta. This is important to my sanity.
Here are the things I learned last year that I want to continue doing in my future shopping:
- Consider each purchase: I find things I like and say "I'll buy that when I get a job." The job never comes. The item sells out. Life goes on and I don't usually wish I hadn't missed the item. (I regret the loss of a green Michael Kors purse for 1/3 the price at Marshalls).
- Organize the wardrobe: I've moved a lot recently so keeping the clothes organized makes it easier to move them. Plus, if you can see everything it's easier to make use of everything.
- Do laundry less: Less laundry = fewer quarters spent. It also means I learn to wear items that normally stay in my closet, and I don't wear my clothes out as quickly.
- Forgo the fashion "I wannas": This one is hard, especially when you run a fashion blog. I always want something, but I don't always need it. This results in less closet clutter.
- Watch for free beauty samples: I've been able to try a lot of products thanks to free samples, coupons and even rebate deals. (I occasionally tweet these if I find a good one).
- Get better at DIY & repairs: I'm not good at making things. I can't sew. Even mending items is tricky for me, but I've had to learn. I was able to make some cute gifts for friends this Christmas and I've learned to do some minor clothing repairs.
Do you have any fashion related New Year Resolutions? And while we're talking about the new year, is there anything new you'd like to see on Fashion Me Fabulous this year?